Google+ Followers

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Business Cards


So.... after working at a print shop I gained quite a bit of knowledge. Some knowledge I never in my life would think that I would have to learn. If you really know me, I am always excited for new challenges and always try to push myself to be the best in anything I do. So in my own "Read or Die" ways, I have made the attempts of becoming a paper magician.

Apart from the initial design, you have to think of HOW the final print will be. Taking into accounts paper stock, which can vary in weight and coatings, can drastically change your design upon having the physical form in your hands.

I put much thought into my  business card layout as well as the printed elements. I want to be able to demonstrate my artistic identity as well as my professionalism. So I got my business cards with 1/4 inch rounded corners, printed on silk laminated 15pt paper (which is very tear resistant!), and spot uv coating on all the black elements so you get this neat glossy sheen against the matte purple!

So far after handing a few of these bad boys out, I have received nothing but positive feedback. Now that I am on the prowl for a new job, I hope they do the trick.

3 comments:

  1. prowl for a new job? you stopped working at the print shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Modern Visiting Card . Modern Visiting Card is a simple and eye-catching Professional Business Card.This business card is ready to print! It can express your social and personal status!

    Features:
    >>>Fully Layered PSD files. >>>Fully Customizable and Editable with a click. >>>CMYK Setting. >>>300 DPI High Resolution. >>>3.5” x 2”(3.75” x 2.25” with bleed setting). >>>Print Ready Format.

    Files Includes:
    • 2 Photoshop PSD Files • 1 Readme File

    Free Fonts Used:
    Myriadpro-regular : Defualt ChunkFive : http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/ChunkFive

    ReplyDelete